ENGAGING YOUR CHILDREN IN HOLIDAY
Dad, the week-long holiday is approaching, here are some sports ideas and outdoor activities for you to having fun with your children.
Some of these do not even cost a cent!
1. Ball games: When they are toddles, you can be teaching them how to throw, kick and catch. As they get older, you can play with them, compete with them.
2. Cycling: That moment when your child pedals off solo on their first bike may be the stuff of ‘proud dad moment’ in ads but for true father-child bonding.
3. Running: You can just run for fun but you also have the option of recording your times to create some healthy family competition and a regular date in your diary.
4. Wrestling: Rough housing, rough and tumble, play fighting, rowdy games, whatever you call it, it’s great fun for you and your kids.
5. Camping: Involve your children in the process of planning. Let them join the decisions of where to go, what to do, what to buy. Guide them, ask questions and do it together.
The same is true for any sport: inspire some early interest, take a supporting role and share the memories together.
Photos from Dadvocate: Terrence (left), Cody (right)